Re: olympus recorders

David Mehler

Hello,

How does the LS-100 compare to the DM-520 and the DM-4?

Thanks.

On 5/16/20, Howard Traxler <htraxler7@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Hamit, for your thoughts.  Talking with the Olympus
distributor, I got the impression that the 720 was just like the 520.
Any time I used the 520 for music, I either transferred the files to my
computer or just connected the 520 directly to my stereo.  To my old
ears, it sounded as good as I could want.

On 5/16/2020 12:29 PM, Hamit Campos wrote:
Ah hi Howard. Ah the good old trusty DM-520. I too had 1. I had the
420 before. Meh I don't know why Olympus made 2. They were basically
the same thing but the 520 did a few more things and the reason I
prefered it is that it did LPCM WAV. Of course only at CD or DVD
quality. But hay DVD is better then your usual Olympus stuff. The 720
like the P-4 takes 1 triple A and is small. The sound of the 720 and
the LS-p4 is too mini me for my liking. I'm sure 1 can get these older
recorders on Ebay. Hell I've even seen the DM-620 on Amazon.

On 5/16/2020 1:24 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
I bought an Olympus DM-520 (I think was the number) about ten years
ago. It was a great tiny device and I used it to record everything.
Recently, the power slide switch has stopped working. It's a
mechanical switch with some sort of spring to make it return to a
center position.  Contacting the Olympus distribution point, I found
that they no longer support that model and they suggest I purchase a
DM-720 as a replacement.  After the covid thing goes away, I will
have a friend take a look at the switch.  If he can't do anything
with it, I'll see if I can justify buying the newer model.

Howard

On 5/16/2020 11:38 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I am still in the market for a new recorder. I did look at zooms but
I'm needing menu accessibility with my recorder, I'm not really
needing an app or anything like that I am just looking for a
standalone recorder.

What are opinions on current Olympus recorders?

Thanks.
Dave.