Re: Andrew binaural mics

Georgina Joyce

Hello Andrew,

I think this is what you need to power them from the H6.

The VXLR+ is a 3.5mm female TRS socket to male XLR adaptor, which will convert 12-48V Phantom Power down to 3-5V 'Plug in Power', allowing RØDE on-camera microphones such as the VideoMicro and VideoMic GO, as well as self-worn microphones like the HS2 Headset Mic to receive power from the XLR input. The 3.5mm socket also features the same threaded connector as used on the output cable of the HS2 Headset Microphone, and the RØDELink Filmmaker Kit Receiver, ensuring the connection to your XLR input is secure and won't disconnect during your recording.

Regards,

On 16 May 2020, at 13:56, Georgina Joyce <gena@gena-j.me.uk> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

Still looking. I can’t see the 9v pack. However, I think they do a fantom power converter for those mics, model MM-PPC. It’s expensive though.

The sight is lacking so much information and if they ignore your enquiry that’s not good.

I am going to see if an adapter can be found more locally.

I look forward to your input.

On 16 May 2020, at 13:43, Georgina Joyce <gena@gena-j.me.uk> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

I am looking over the website you recommended. I understand you like the MM-BSM-9 version which has the Shure clips to fix to your clothing. Have you tried the MM-BSM-8? these are mounted on a headband to wear like headphones. But to all intense and purposes they are the same mic but mounted differently.

In addition, how does their battery pack work? It would be grate if they did a XLR plug adapter to take fantom. So does their battery pack enable then to use a xLR adapter?