question on Winamp

Peter Russillo

Hi list, thanks for the reply about VLC; when using Winamp, I've found that the volume gets lowered quite a bit when I play any file using it; I have volume for the speakers set at 100 percent; I see under Speakers Properties something about Exclusive Mode under the Levels tab I think; there's a checkbox that when checked allows applications to control the volume of the speakers; is it better to leave it checked or to uncheck it?  If I uncheck it could that clear up the problem of Winamp lowering the volume? Please let me know if Exclusive Mode is something to leave alone or uncheck it; thanks.

Peter