From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Jacobson
Sent: January 11, 2020 10:14 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Seeking a Rough Quality Comparison

While what you say makes sense, I'm not sure that is really what is being
asked but I could be wrong. We know that a 128KBPS MP3 is said to be
approximately CD quality, so 160KBPS would presumably be a little better.
We might disagree whether that is truly better than a CD, but I think we
would all agree that 160KBPS is better sounding that 32 or 64KBPS stereo.
So where does 160KBPS MP3 settings fit into M4A settings to get
approximately the same quality? There may not be an answer we could
absolutely agree on, but one would think there would be some approximate
corresponding setting.

Best regards,

Steve