Re: Seeking a Rough Quality Comparison

Colin Howard

Greetings,

I would say you and I and most of us are armed with an ideal means to
compare quality, they normally reside as pieces of strangely shaped
cartilage on the sides of our heads and direct the sound waves into the
grey-white mush held in the bony case.

Nout so good as one's own ears!

Figures and stats cannot ever replace what the Lord has given us!

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 17:44:11 -0000, "Darran Ross via Groups.Io"
<darran.ross=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

-Hi List.
-
-Can anyone in the know provide me with a rough idea of what the equivalent
kbs would be for a m4a file when compared to a 160 mp3 version?
-
-I probably haven't explained that very well.
-
-If I have a file saved at 96kbs m4a, what would a rough approximation to
this be for an mp3 file? Would it be 128kbs or 160 kbs for example?
-
-I've tried finding some kind of guide on the web, but haven't been able to
turn up anything that I can readily see as a comparison.
-
-Thanks to anyone with any knowledge who can help me out with this one!
-
-Darran
-
-