Seeking a Rough Quality Comparison

Darran Ross

Hi List.

Can anyone in the know provide me with a rough idea of what the equivalent kbs would be for a m4a file when compared to a 160 mp3 version?

I probably haven't explained that very well.

If I have a file saved at 96kbs m4a, what would a rough approximation to this be for an mp3 file? Would it be 128kbs or 160 kbs for example?

I've tried finding some kind of guide on the web, but haven't been able to turn up anything that I can readily see as a comparison.

Thanks to anyone with any knowledge who can help me out with this one!

Darran