VLC 3.0 always crashing

Peter Russillo

Hello, I use VLC Media Player the latest version on my Windows 10 PC; I use the desktop version and not the one from the Windows store as I don't know how accessible that is with screen readers; I use System Access as my screen reader; it seems with every other file I open to play, I hear "VLC Crash Reporting, oops, VLC media player has crashed."  I hit enter to tell it to send a crash report; then the file will play as normal.  Is there a workaround to keep from getting those annoying crash reports every time I open one of my audio files?  What I like about VLC is the ability to move backward or forward on the fly when playing a file.  Any tips or tricks would be appreciated; also if anyone uses the Windows 10 VLC app with a screen reader, is it accessible and usable?  Thanks very much.

Peter Russillo