Well, the answer to that can depend on a couple of things. If you exited the menus as I instructed, and if you were already in a folder before you went into the menus, you will turn the recorder on and be in the same folder you were in before. Turning off the recorder automatically takes you out of the menu settings. However, depending upon whether you were in a folder before you went into the settings, will depend upon what happens when you turn the recorder on. When you turn the recorder on, tap the play button. If a recording does not play, or if the boys doesn’t say “file not found”, tap the play button again. Keep tapping the play button until you hear a recording you have made or you here “file not found”. That should put you inside of a folder, possibly in folder “a” if this doesn’t help, tell me what you hear or what happens and I will try again.

Katrina.

Sent from my iPhone so please forgive any errors.

On Jan 2, 2020, at 9:43 PM, Tom Kaufman <tomcat53@...> wrote:

Katrina: Yes...your directions were quite helpful! I got the battery thing in its correct setting now! So now the next time I power the recorder up, where will I be as far as the menu is concerned? Has been a little while since I've used this recorder, so I've kind of forgotten exactly how everything works and what button does what!

From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Katrina Anderson
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2020 7:19 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Olympus DM-720 Question

Tom,

I understand what you are saying. Good luck going through the menu. In case it helps, steps for changing battery type via menu follow.
1. There are three buttons under the display. Tap the middle button. You will hear ” file menu”.
2. Down arrow repeatedly until you hear “ Device settings”.
3. Tap the play button. Also known as the OK button.
4.Tap down arrow repeatedly until you hear something about battery.
5. Down arrow and till you hear nickel metal hydride.
6. Tap the play button.
7. Tap the stop button, or tap left arrow several times until you hear a series of beeps indicating you are out of the menus.

As for opening the battery door, I really do understand how difficult it can be. However, in case it would be helpful, consider the following.
1. Position the recorder so that the microphone is at the top and you are looking at the back.
2. I believe you found the button that has to be pushed in, use one hand to push in on this button.
3. Use the other hand to touch the battery door left of the button. The door is quite long. So you can use multiple fingers, and you don’t have to touch immediately left of the button. Push in on the battery door a little bit. Slide the door to your left as you are pushing in on the door. You can release the button at this point.
Good luck,
Katrina
Sent from my iPhone so please forgive any errors.

On Jan 2, 2020, at 5:51 PM, Tom Kaufman <tomcat53@...> wrote:

Katrina and list: I think I'll stick with trying to get into the menu; if
you only knew how I fight to get things like this to open up (should be
simple) but for whatever reason, these kinds of things cause problems for
me; never could get to the battery compartment on the cordless phone!