Re: Bluetooth Headphone Recommendations for listening to Lossless Music Files?

Brian Olesen

Hi,
I think any one, who really loves music should stick to their ears rather than be blown out of their socks by the technical specifications.
We all listen to so very different sound sources and music genres, and no single set of cans do provide a universal approach to this. I mean some likes a very tight bass, where others loves very soft sounding gentle headphones.
Others again likes a screaming high pitched sound, where some feels the same sound makes them believe they've tinnitus. Grin
There for. If the headphone you're seeking really should suit your needs then you'd want to give them a listen first, and decide what color of sound you want.
They can be so darn wild on the paper specs, but it won't matter, if you simply just don't like their sound, or should we say, if your ears don't fit their specific sound profile.
For example I have a relatively cheap pair of Yamahas I truly love, and I mean really love!
I think they're just about $ 120 or so, and they sound really good to me. Then I also have a $ 500 plus pair of Bayer dynamics that well kind of sounds good, but don't knocks me off the chair, if you know what I mean.
So what does it help to have a pair of cans that can communicate with bats using ultra sound, if you don't like their low-end sound?
Smile

Best regards
Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> På vegne af Hamit Campos
Sendt: 14. november 2019 04:29
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: Re: [all-audio] Bluetooth Headphone Recommendations for listening to Lossless Music Files?

Ah well if we go down this rode you also have to consider your computer phone or aVR or what ever other device. Different PCs and even from the same company depending on model give you a different flavor. I suppose you will get with studio headphones or studio monitoring speakers a more honest sound but how honest is the device? For stereo spread I love my
2007 slim Enspiron 530S. But it's bass is wimpy and there's none of that real bright condencer like crispness. My 2014 3847 tower does that better but there are sound effect gimics I don't like to it's sound. Man it's another reason I wish I had $2500 for an MSI Trident. That PC is pure epicness.

On 11/13/2019 2:38 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello,

OK, no problem. But realise you are not experiencing the full benefits of lossless. Headphone manufacturers tune headphones with their own equaliser settings. Studio headphones affect the sound less and represent the sound as published.

I accept your desire but as for me I like to hear the sound the artists want to present. I can add base or treble if I wished for me that is the beauty of high res lossless. Starting with the pure unadulterated sound. There is no law to say that studio headphones cannot be used for casual listening. I would suggest that they are built for comfort too.

Different horses for different courses. Enjoy your new headphones and I hope you get them for a good price.

Good luck.

On 13 Nov 2019, at 15:52, Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...> wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation.

The problem I want to avoid is choosing a pair of headphones meant for audio monitoring, not casual listening.

I don't plan on doing any mixing, DJaying or instrument recordings, so I definitely want to avoid audio/studio monitoring headphones.

Casual, relaxed listening is what I want my headphones to excel in.

On 11/13/2019 9:16 AM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello,

I didn’t keep the original post. But if the post sender is looking for the best out of Lossless. Would they not better from a studio headphone? Something that is not going to colour the audio, changing the producer’s mix. I don’t know what version of bluetooth is available with studio headphones. I have the Audio Technica ATH-M50X which are amazing and highly rated. If the list member serious about audio quality then they need to look at how headphones attempt to pump up the base or treble. Or as I suggest look for studio quality. Here’s the link for the bluetooth version of the Audio Technica ATH-M50X:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50XBT-Wireless-Over-E
ar-Headphones/dp/B07HKVCVSY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Audio+Technica+ATH-M
50X+bluetooth&qid=1573653273&sr=8-1

Regards,

Gena

On 13 Nov 2019, at 13:50, Anders Holmberg <anders@...> wrote:

Hi!
I found a pair called Argon soul2 which sounds intresting.
I haven’t tried them yet but i will do that on monday hopefully.
/A

13 nov. 2019 kl. 12:52 skrev Brian Olesen <brian@...>:

Hi,
Sony are amonst the best, if you don't want to spend thousands!

Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> På vegne af Kenny
Sendt: 13. november 2019 00:39
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: [all-audio] Bluetooth Headphone Recommendations for listening to Lossless Music Files?

Hello,

Getting my list ready for Black Friday.

I'm looking to purchase a good pair of 5.0 high-resolution Bluetooth headphones for getting the most out of my collection of Lossless .FLAC Jazz collection.

Don't care about price. Just want a pair of headphones that literally place me in audio heaven when I set them on my ears, and listen to Louis Armstrong, Nina Simone, Count Basie and Grover Washington Jr. through them.

Any recommendations?

Gena

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Loc: IO83PS

Gena

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Loc: IO83PS

Join all-audio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.