Re: Bluetooth Headphone Recommendations for listening to Lossless Music Files?

Kenny

My Pixel 3 XL phone supports 3 Bluetooth A2DP audio codecs

*aptX HD

*aptX

*SBC

Was able to enable aptX-HD on my Pixel 3 XL doing the following:

1. Go to the 'Settings' app. ...
2. Tap 'Build Number' 7 times. ...
3. Go to Settings again and look for 'Developer Options' on the menu.
4. In 'Developer Options' select 'Audio Codec'. ...
5. Now, simply select aptX HD, connect your (aptX HD-enabled) headphone and enjoy high-quality audio in no time.

AptX-HD Bluetooth codec isn't supported on any iOS devices (Accept for Macbook and iMac) Think AAC is Apple's answer to that problem.

Sure there isn't a Bluetooth 5.0 head phone available that supports both aptX-HD and AAC. I rather it works with aptX-HD if I had to select one though.

On 11/12/2019 10:05 PM, Hamit Campos wrote:
Really the IPhone 8? Wow never knew that. I have an XR. But wait for lausless you need APTX. I don't know if Iphones have APTX. Some androids do though. Wish I had something with APTX because my Onkyo TX-SR 373 5.1 AVR will support it.

On 11/12/2019 9:04 PM, Kenny wrote:
Have a Pixel 3 XL (Android) and iPhone 8 (iOS) phone. Both use Bluetooth 5.0 technology.

On 11/12/2019 8:20 PM, Hamit Campos wrote:
What are you using that has bluetooth 5.0?

On 11/12/2019 6:38 PM, Kenny wrote:
Hello,

Getting my list ready for Black Friday.

I'm looking to purchase a good pair of 5.0 high-resolution Bluetooth headphones for getting the most out of my collection of Lossless .FLAC Jazz collection.

Don't care about price. Just want a pair of headphones that literally place me in audio heaven when I set them on my ears, and listen to Louis Armstrong, Nina Simone, Count Basie and Grover Washington Jr. through them.

Any recommendations?