Recording multiple sounds simultaneously on a PC

Yusuf Osman

Hi, I am new to this list so please forgive the basic nature of my question. I'd like to be able to record demonstrations of games on my PC where I can get the sound of the game, the sound of my Screenreader and my own voice all recorded at the same time.

I am using Windows7, I have 2 sound cards, a Realtek and a Sound Blaster Audigy and have the latest version of Goldwave. I also have 2 different external Microphones which connect via the mike socket and 1 USB camera with its own in-built microphone. Oh and a pair of Plantronics Bluetooth headphones with in-built microphone.

In Goldwave I've tried setting the recording device to Loopback and whilst I get all the sounds from my PC, Jaws, Windows and the game I want to demo, I can't get any of the mikes to be recorded. If I select 1 of the mikes as the recording device I can hear my voice, and the mike picks up the sound from the speakers but the sound balance isn't great and the quality is worse.

Given what I've currently got is there any way of doing what I want? If not what do I need to be able to record all these sounds at the same time.
Cheers
Yusuf
I've set up a FundMe account to help cover the ongoing costs of my PhD. I'd be very grateful if you'd consider donating. Thank you!
https://www.gofundme.com/lhj928
Why not follow me on Twitter at:
yusuf_oy
Facebook: