telephone: 01702 543624
Mobile: 0 7 9 6 7 3 8 2 9 6 4
web site: http://www.apart.org

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 21:00:30 +1000
"Dane Trethowan" <grtdane@...> wrote:

Hi,
Stick with the most up-to-date version of Airfoil as its the most accessible.
The interface isn’t as tricky as it looks once you get used to it.
Use the tab key to get around the interface.
There are various things that happen when you use the space bar to press the buttons.
One button brings up the source menu - where you set the source where Airfoil streams from on your computer.
This source can be anything from an App on your PC to a physical input or output on a sound device.
Other buttons in the Interface let you mute the volume, minimise the Interface, a slider to control the volume etc.
Press the Alt key to get into the menu system.
Go to the speakers menu to see a list of compatible devices you can stream to and select one to start streaming your source to that device.
You can also use alt-numbers on the top row as hotkey to start streaming to target devices.
That’s pretty much all there is to it.
I use both Airfoil for Windows and Mac.
Oh and one other thing you may wish to bare in mind.
Your firewall may whine about Airfoil so grant Airfoil access if required.

On 18 Sep 2019, at 8:52 pm, Joe Paton via Groups.Io <joe=vi-ability.org.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Good Afternoon good people.

I am looking to use airfoil for airplay to an homepod.

The interface looks a little tricky to access, I'm wondering if a
previous version may be easier to access, and which players airfoil
supports. any tips on accessing this software with either Jaws or
narrator would be welcome, or an alternative software option to utilise
airplay I'd be keen to hear about.

Thanks indeed.

For 30 dollars, if we can get it to work, that would be a small
investment for a positive outcome for us.