Re: digital audio recorders: looking for a specific type

Hamit Campos

Ah if ya want perfect than 1 must get the 744-T or what ever the new thing is now. Hmmmmmmmmm maybe it's the 788-T. But in any case yeah the points you made are all true and I agree. I also like that zoom wide feature that even the DMs had. It does make the stereo panning wider on your files. I know it adds more floor as Neal pointed out with the P-2 but still an epic feature. The fact they talk makes it so symple to do stuff on the fly.

On 9/8/2019 4:31 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
I like many things about the LS-P4.
First is its size which is of that of a small candy bar.
Yes the menus talk and you can also set the clock however the file listing doesn’t talk though that would be the only thing.
The recorder handles up to 96K/24 Bit sampling and can also record in FLAC as well as the usual MP3 and Wave formats.
The LS-P4 handles Bluetooth so you can stream the audio of the recorder to a set of headphones, speakers and so on.
The recorder isn’t perfect but for less than $200 Australian the Olympus is an absolute bargain for those wanting a handy recorder to record.. well.. just about anything.

On 9 Sep 2019, at 4:16 am, Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:

what is it you particularly like about the ls-p4? does it have menus which talk, etc.

THANKS!

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 9/2/2019 4:41 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
The problems with wind and the Olympus LS-100 are incredibly bad, you just have to breathe on the machine to hear the noise.
My favourite Olympous recorder by far is the LS-P4, at last Olympus have something which perfectly fits into the recorder range and does everything well except for playing back audio through the internal speabut as people know I've never judged recorders by their dreadful internal speakers anyway.
Its possible in my view that we won't see another Olympus recorder with XLR inputs and Olympus will just cater for the market it knows, the voice recorder and camera market.