Re: Reccomendations for Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds

Laurent Cadet de Fontenay <laurentd@...>

Thanks tim!

The apple airpods sound compelling for the kind of use case that I have in
mind. Mainly listening to audiobooks and podcasts on my commute, and
maintaining some awareness of my environment.

I am nevertheless very curious about some of the unbranded options, tons of
which are available on Amazon new paragraph has anybody tried any of these?

All the best,
Laurent

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, 01:32 Tim Noonan, <tim@timnoonan.com.au> wrote:

The latest Earbuds from Sony memorably named
the SONY WF-1000XM3 BLUETOOTH NOISE CANCELLING TRUE WIRELESS EARPHONES
are getting excellent recommendations for their exceptional audio quality
and they also include great noise cancelation features. Call quality is
also said to be very good. Advertising suggests that latency is also low.

Bose are supposedly nearly ready to release a new set of true wireless
earbuds, but audio quality of earlier models is not stunning. Latency can
also be a bit of an issue.

AirPods are particularly great for convenience of quickly placing and
removing from your ears, but are better for spoken word than serious music
listening. They are great if you like to keep connected with the outside
world while wearing them, but are not much use in noisy locations or on
transport.

For general iPhone access, books and podcasts and such I use my AirPods
more than any other earphone or speaker option.

HTH
Tim

Tim Noonan
Consultant Speaker Coach

Phone: +61 419 779 669
Email: tim@timnoonan.com.au
Skype: TimNoonan
Twitter: @TimNoonan

Speaking, Coaching & Consulting: www.timnoonan.com.au
Voice Readings: www.voicereadings.com

On 4 Sep 2019, at 2:52 am, Brian Olesen <brian@blindkom.dk> wrote:

Hey Laurent,
Well I probably would recommend you to get the quite new Airpods if latency
is a big issue.
If sound is more important I'd either go with some Bose Soundsports free or
the Samsung EarBuds.
I really love these. The Samsungs are small. They sound really good, and
they has a sweet metal carieing case.
The price is right too for the good quality.

Brian