A couple of Plantronics headset issues

Yusuf Osman

Hi all, Can anyone help with the following. My computer has 1 in-built soundcard and 1 additional soundcard. The former is used for Jaws and Windows sounds, the latter as a device for recording via the line-in. There are occasions when I like to use my wireless Plantronics headphones to listen to my PC. I plug these in via a Bluetooth USB dongle and the sound automatically comes through. However, I am experiencing 2 problems.

1. If I go to the recording tab-sheet of the sounds dialogue Jaws is no longer heard through the headphones. This only happens in that particular tab-sheet.
2. When the headphones are connected I can't get the sound from the line-in to be heard through them. Normally I'd do this via the line-in properties, listen to this device and have it play via the default sound card. I've also tried selecting the Plantronics headphones, but again no sound.
I am using Windows10 and am very new to it as this is a new PC. This used to work with Windows7 and I'm hoping there's a setting somewhere that I can adjust.
Thanks for any help.
Yusuf