Re: digital audio recorders: looking for a specific type

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Accessible or not, Olympus has a market and I'm sure they make recorders to fit it.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Tuesday, 3 September 2019 7:55 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] digital audio recorders: looking for a specific type

I have no idea either. Why get rid of the most accessable Olympus ever?
That being the DM-4. I don't know. Not only that why not continue all the DM-4 good stuff on the dm 620 and others? I'd really love to ask Olympus. Is the USA site down? Really? Wow! I haven't been up there in a while.

On 9/2/2019 5:23 PM, Aidan wrote:
But why did olympus stop the ls100, why did they not make a new model
improved? I am worried because they seem to have less models now and
the american site is not up rite now. Hope they won't faid away, but
even though, they stil didn't get to the level zoom did, and its
defnitly wundering why not enough blind people use these? I mean half
of them might not even no what fantum power is.

On 9/2/19, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:
Actually as an adendum they being Olympus must've at 1 point because
they did make the DM-4. So maybe they figured it out even if when the
first 3 DS recorders that spoke only did for what ever ease of use
reason they did to start with.

On 9/2/2019 4:40 PM, Hamit Campos via Groups.Io wrote:
Well for general recording it's usable enough. the only real
problems are that 1 no talking so you will need help when menu
diving. Then 2 no beeps music or nothing like the PTRs or Olympus's
so you'll need headphones to know what is armed what's not and how
many tracks are armed. But for grabbing and going meh once you've
gotten the menu diving and track arming out of the way you good. I have 1 and love it.
I got it because it's a 6 channal recorder and it has a brighter
sound than the LS 100. I only meantioned teh 100 because you asked
for a "blind friendly" recorder. Sad ain't it? That there's nothing
that's
PTR2 accessible but with XLRs phantum and that is studio grade.
Could it be that it's supposed that blind people either don't care
for studio gear or don't know enough to do so? Sorry if that offends
anyone but 1 does have to wander why there's no true studio grade
blind friendly gear. Remember friends who knows why the Olympus DS
50 even spoke in the first place. Did olympus know or care blind
people used them? Who even knows.

On 9/2/2019 3:55 PM, Christopher Wright wrote:
How accessible is the h6?

On 9/2/2019 3:50 PM, Aidan wrote:
Yes, just keep in mind that ls100 cannot record from 2 or more
inputs at the same time, only one at a time. Whereas the zoom h6
can, and to turn each input on/off, is very easy.

On 9/2/19, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:
There use to be, the Olympus LS-100. So if you can find 1 on EBay
or Amazon go for it.

On 9/2/2019 3:29 PM, Christopher Wright wrote:
Hi,

Is there a blind-user-friendly audio recorder that has dual
XLR/1/4″ combo inputs or one XLR input and a 3.5mm input that
goes to a separate channel?

This question was inspired by the following blog post:

https://thepodcastersstudio.com/recording-skype-with-no-mixer-or
-software/