Re: digital audio recorders: looking for a specific type

Aidan

But why did olympus stop the ls100, why did they not make a new model
improved? I am worried because they seem to have less models now and
the american site is not up rite now. Hope they won't faid away, but
even though, they stil didn't get to the level zoom did, and its
defnitly wundering why not enough blind people use these? I mean half
of them might not even no what fantum power is.

On 9/2/19, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:
Actually as an adendum they being Olympus must've at 1 point because
they did make the DM-4. So maybe they figured it out even if when the
first 3 DS recorders that spoke only did for what ever ease of use
reason they did to start with.

On 9/2/2019 4:40 PM, Hamit Campos via Groups.Io wrote:
Well for general recording it's usable enough. the only real problems
are that 1 no talking so you will need help when menu diving. Then 2
no beeps music or nothing like the PTRs or Olympus's so you'll need
headphones to know what is armed what's not and how many tracks are
armed. But for grabbing and going meh once you've gotten the menu
diving and track arming out of the way you good. I have 1 and love it.
I got it because it's a 6 channal recorder and it has a brighter sound
than the LS 100. I only meantioned teh 100 because you asked for a
"blind friendly" recorder. Sad ain't it? That there's nothing that's
PTR2 accessible but with XLRs phantum and that is studio grade. Could
it be that it's supposed that blind people either don't care for
studio gear or don't know enough to do so? Sorry if that offends
anyone but 1 does have to wander why there's no true studio grade
blind friendly gear. Remember friends who knows why the Olympus DS 50
even spoke in the first place. Did olympus know or care blind people
used them? Who even knows.

On 9/2/2019 3:55 PM, Christopher Wright wrote:
How accessible is the h6?

On 9/2/2019 3:50 PM, Aidan wrote:
Yes, just keep in mind that ls100 cannot record from 2 or more inputs
at the same time, only one at a time. Whereas the zoom h6 can, and to
turn each input on/off, is very easy.

On 9/2/19, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:
There use to be, the Olympus LS-100. So if you can find 1 on EBay or
Amazon go for it.

On 9/2/2019 3:29 PM, Christopher Wright wrote:
Hi,

Is there a blind-user-friendly audio recorder that has dual XLR/1/4″
combo inputs or one XLR input and a 3.5mm input that goes to a
separate channel?

This question was inspired by the following blog post:

https://thepodcastersstudio.com/recording-skype-with-no-mixer-or-software/