Re: Sangean PR-D17 AM/FM Radio for the Visually Impaired

Casey

Hi does anyone have this radio yet?

If so how is the sound on A.M and is the F.M reception as good as the say it is and what about on A.M also can you set the alarm so that you could wake up to the radio as well?

On 8/17/2019 11:57 AM, - wrote:
I have few to none problems listening to radio worldwide on my smartspeaker. It is also a fraction of the cost of an intrnet or standard radio.

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019, Dane Trethowan wrote:

That's the theory about Smart Speakers yes however they don't always do what
you tell them to do.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of -
Sent: Friday, 16 August 2019 11:07 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Sangean PR-D17 AM/FM Radio for the Visually
Impaired

Even internet radios have been passed by. Smart speakers will stream all
internet radio sources, including those worldwide, all by voice command.

And they have many other sources of audio info including thousands of
podcasts and the cable and other news sources.

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, Gary Schindler wrote:

That is why Sangean should concentrate on designing an internet radio with
talking menus.

Once you have used a Sangean radio you get familiar with the
nomenclature and how to operate them and to me there isn't much advantage
to having one of these!

It is commendable that Sangean does for now build something with
accessibility in mind.

On 8/15/2019 2:46 PM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
Hi! Actually not want to disrespect people here but i don???t get
the Am/fm radio thing anymore. I have a harman/kardon receiver here
but i very very seldom use the radio in that receiver. Maybe i am
boring or stupid or something but why not just listen via internet.
/A

13 aug. 2019 kl. 22:54 skrev Dane Trethowan <grtdane@internode.on.net>:

Now this radio may be well worthwhile grabbing.

https://radiojayallen.com/sangean-pr-d7-am-fm-radio-for-the-visuall
y-impaire d/

-- XB

--