Re: strange bluetooth speaker

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

The HomePod is supposed to be the best sounding Smart Speaker on the Planet at this time so it is a great pity that the functionality is so limited.
I have - and still am - thinking of buying at least one Homepod as I can see some really good uses I could put the Homepod to particularly given I have an Appe Eco system already set up here.

On 29 Jul 2019, at 10:36 pm, André van Deventer <andredbsa@...> wrote:

Wish it was!

Seems to be a Doss Bluetooth speaker. Never heard of it!

André

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian
Olesen
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 1:19 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] strange bluetooth speaker

It's not a apple home pod? grin

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> På vegne af André van
Deventer
Sendt: 29. juli 2019 11:06
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: [all-audio] strange bluetooth speaker

Hi all

Want to know if some of you technical gurus can help me.

Someone gave me a Bluetooth speaker to test for her.

This is one of the strangest Bluetooth speakers I have ever worked with!

Firstly, it uses an apple lightning port to charge from and not a micro usb
port. So you would need a lightning to USB port to charge it with.

The speaker stands on a base upright and is slightly thinner at the top. It
is rubberised on the side but it seems if you can remove the rubber. It’s
also a completely sircular speaker.

The on and off switch is on the bottem underneath the speaker so you cannot
accidentaly slide it. Under the rubber there also seems to be some buttons.
There is a very clearly distinguishable button which may be a volume up and
down button but which you can also press inwards.

The best make I can come up with is

Vulkan

But I am at a luss to find a manual for this thing.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Regards

Andr é