Lost connection between PC and stereo preamp

Adrian Spratt

Hi. I wonder if anyone can offer a suggestion. I have my PC connected by cable across the room to the stereo. Yesterday, I had an upgraded preamp installed to replace the manufacturer's previous model. (The brand is NAIM.) I understand the connector configuration is the same, as are the controls. The man who did the installation took great care to connect the cables as they had been arranged before. He's confident he plugged the PC connector in the right place and that the connection is good.

For me to play anything from the PC via the stereo means making a speaker switch in the Windows 10 Sound dialog. However, it isn't working. I've checked the setting, including the volume level (99%) and confirmed that this speaker setting is the default.

Could I be missing anything?