From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 1:40 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Latest iPod touch does anyone have it

The iPhone 7 will be support for a few years yet so that doesn’t worry me in the slightest.
I have an iPhone 8 as it is and did think about getting an iPhone 7 at the time I bought the 8.
The iPhone 7 as far as I know uses the A10 chip as does the latest iPod touch and that’s only 2 generations of chip behind the latest Apple iPhone X which uses the A 12 as does the current iPad mini model.
I’m looking at the Tech Specs sheet here and a Fingerprint reader isn’t mentioned so I’m going to have to go back in time and type my Password every time I wish to unlock the device <smile> The iPod touch doesn’t support Apple Pay either but then again I suppose it can’t given that it doesn’t have a fingerprint reader.

On 23 Jul 2019, at 3:16 am, John Gurd via Groups.Io <j.gurd=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

I thought about it but the chip is only the equivalent of iPhone 7 and it could be obsolete in a year. The thing that really put me off though was that it doesn't use a finger-print sensor. The thought of entering a very long string every time I wanted to use my password manager really did it!

John