Re: Zoom F8n Outdoor microphone recomendation

Hamit Campos

Hi Gena. Well welcome to the H6 club. I'l own up i too thought on it and wrang my hands a bit because I can't remember menus like Neal Ewers. But idmititly I'm spoiled by Plextalks. I got it though because Aira and also because I do wana record in 5.1 surround sound. Just need the EX H6 and an external phantum supply and all's good. Well than also a DAW that can take all 6 mono files and make them 1 single multi channal 5.1 file.

On 7/9/2019 5:47 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello,

It is difficult to answer your question regarding the Zoom. I have just purchased the H6 and I like it. Although, I do long for accessibility. I have access to AIRA so have used agents to support the navigating of menus. But having put some work into it I can easily pick it up and record something, stop the recording and turn off. I then can insert the SD into my computer to edit etc. Which is what I wanted to do with it. Like with many things, we can choose to look at what we can’t do with a device or we can look at what we can do to get over accessibility issues. Is the Zoom useable by a blind person? Yes to some extent. But if you are looking for a fully accessible recorder then move along there’s nothing to see here.

The Zoom is a very well respected machine and there is a reason why some of us go out and still buy it even though the menus do not speak.

I would like to tell you more about how it is for me. But there is no point. Your patience with products for the sighted world is different to mine. So at the end of the day, it is a choice you will have to make and if it doesn’t work for you. You can only congratulate yourself for at least trying and not submitting to fear. As we shop online frequently. We can try products and if they don’t suit we have the right to return them.

Good luck!

Gena

On 9 Jul 2019, at 18:45, Eden <edenkizer@...> wrote:

I was going to get a Zoom but I was worried about how easy they are to operate. I don't need the 8 but is it easier than the 6 to operate?
Eden