K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 7/3/2019 6:35 PM, Merv Keck wrote:
I did go ahead and get both Ferrite and Hokusai for around $39.98 combined $US. It will take me a while to learn them with my iPad Pro. I am looking forward to the experience. I used Adobe Audition years ago when I had vision. I was encouraged by the noise reduction that is described on several reviews I read for Ferrite Studio Pro. That was one of the major strengths of Adobe Audition.
Merv

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:47 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Ferrite Recording Studio

Hi,
The original eMail was written 4 days ago and since then I’ve had more time to play with Ferrite Recording Studio and so on.
Regarding normalisation? Ferrite shouldn’t require this function as it already has an AGC which can be toggled in the settings.
In any case most people have a reference with their system that they can set levels by so you will know pretty much straight away if the level is too high, lower levels can be tolerated of course as there is no chance of clipping.
Secondly ferrite Recording Studio is ana absolute joy to use particularly if you’re using an iPad with a keyboard connected, not only do you have the excellent touch gestures and shortcuts at your fingertips but you also have quite a good list of keyboard shortcuts to do the job with.

On 30 Jun 2019, at 12:51 pm, Jamie Kelly <otrjamie@...> wrote:

I don't think Ferrite has a normalise feature or does it?