Re: Accessible Audio Production Apps

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Yes Amadeus Pro is a very nice sound editor.
That tutorial was written quite some time again and some very good developments in audio editing - particularly when it comes to accessibility and flexibility - have taken place since then.
I have deleted Amadeus Pro from my Mac machines and choose to use Twisted Wave because of the extra flexibility on-hand.
It is true that Twisted Wave is not a multi track editor and the ability to edit and manipulate multiple tracks is an attribute amongst many that make Amadeus Pro shine like a beacon.
On the other hand Twisted Wave Pro provides sample editing which only Sound Forge Pro for Windows and Mac provides and editing by sample is incredibly useful.
Twisted Wave has companion Apps for IOS along with a remote controller Ap for IOS so you can edit and mix straight from your IOS desktop to your Mac.

On 5 Jul 2019, at 4:20 am, Anders Holmberg <anders@pipkrokodil.se> wrote:

Hi!
Amadeus pro works and Jonathan Mosen has done a book you can buy where he
discusses several things on how to use it with VoiceOver.
I’ve heard logic Pro x also works quite well with VoiceOver.
/A

4 juli 2019 kl. 06:38 skrev John Covici <covici@ccs.covici.com>:

And don't bother with the free version, its too limited to work with
voiceover.

On Wed, 03 Jul 2019 23:42:47 -0400,
Dane Trethowan wrote:

Yes that costs sounds about right in US Dollars.
I explored Adobe Audition years ago and have no idea how accessible the
App is now.
Naturally the more accessible Apps out there for as many platforms is to
be encouraged so if you are one of those people still using Adobe
Audition then please tell us how you're getting along, I for one would be
interested to hear.
At present I'm trying to find out how Pro-Tools is looking both for
Windows and Mac.
24 years ago when I was using an Apple Mac LC-630, Pro-Tools was the
choice of App to use for audio recording and production and with very
good reason.
Now however? Well last time I went up onto the Pro-Tools web site I came
off the site more confused by the various versions I had seen available
than I had been before my visit.