Re: Yesterday's Apple event

Aidan

Well, as long as it can have a speaker. I already have focusrite
interface. I cannot buy a expensive windows pc as it won't help
because I need something like garageband and the windows stuff don't
do it for me.

On 6/10/19, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@internode.on.net> wrote:
I should warn you before you go ahead with your iMac purchase that the
modern-day iMac - as great a tool as it is - does not have a built-in sound
device any longer, only built-in microphones and a headphone output so
you’re going to need some sort of external sound Interface more than
likely.
There are of course many interfaces available so take your pick.
As to why Apple decided to take away the built-in sound Interface from the
Mac line? Well that’s Apple for you ain’t it <smile>.
I think it only fair to point out to you that - if its the all-in-one
convenience you grave then there are Windows alternatives if you would
rather not go down the Mac road.
I have been using Mac machines now for. 25 years full-time and I have
enjoyed every minute of my experience.
I started with a Mac LC-630 machine with Outspoken.
Apple lead the charge with the Introduction of the VoiceOver Screen Reader
in OSX Tiger back in 2005, thankfully Windows has followed suit with
Narrator.

On 10 Jun 2019, at 7:16 am, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@gmail.com> wrote:

Dane, I am also thinking of getting an IMac, since then you have
everything in one, and its goog for audio, and I get the full feature
set in apps like garageband and yes, ios don't have something like
audio hijack yet.
And if you need to get the job done, weel then that is just necessary.
And IMac also have stereo speakers.

On 6/9/19, Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@gmail.com> wrote:
Gina, I love google assistant. Its available on many thirdparty
speakers also, and I recently aquired the jbl link20. And now I can
carry the thing around and don't have to sit at one place where the
GoogleHome mini is plugged in. Yes google understands easlier, I just
struggle for it to here me trigger it sometimes.

On 6/9/19, Brian Olesen <brian@blindkom.dk> wrote:
Hi Gina,
Google Assistant is very good at understanding human voice. Probably
the
best at it at the moment.
Alexa is almost just as good, but dear miss Siri lacks quite a bit
behind.
The response voice that comes with Siri is seriously upgraded with iOS
13
which definitely sutes her!

Best regards
Brian