Re: Portable digital recorders

Hamit Campos

Okay you are correct. In my case before mine I rung my hands about the menus because I know I'm spoiled by blindness devices. I don't wana get all political and judge people on this here list. But just shairing my own story. I knew how I am and that I can't remember things like neal. But again i know that this is because I always had things easy. So all this to say yes you can set the vultage turn trac 1 or where ever the mic feels more confortibal to you on and like you said on with the show. Now here's a thing though. As you like Curtus says have to dive threw menus to turn it on of off it's not so easy to turn it on or off like the LS-100. I say this because of battery. Phantum especially all 48 vults kills batteries. Now it's not battery slotter as Neal made it sound so you could leave the phantum on if it makes things easy. Also sample rate and bit depth matter for batteries too.

On 6/8/2019 11:15 AM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Hi,
I say this as a Zoom Recorder user which I am. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, too much emphasis is put on menu navigation when it comes to the Zoom recorders in my opinion.
Yes its true, various settings have to be made but as a rule once these settings are made then there is usually no need to want to change them.
Using fantom microphones as far as I know with the Zoom H6 is no problem, I do not own such microphones however I do know that the Zoom H6 supports such microphone types so all that would be necessary would be to set the recorder to power the microphones at the required voltage? Well as I said I’ve never used these microphones so if I’m missing something then someone can point me in the right direction I’m sure <smile>.
Once the Phantom microphone setting is made then its just a matter of connecting the microphones, switching the Zoom H6 on, arming the tracks, setting the levels, pressing the record button and on with the show.

On 8 Jun 2019, at 5:55 am, Georgina Joyce <gena@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I wondered if anyone was using a good portable digital recorder? I like the idea of the Zoom H5 or 6 but I see that it is necessary to navigate menus. So I guess it’s not an option for me.

I require an XLR and phantom power for my mic. What are the experiences of others?

Thanks,