Re: Portable digital recorders

Christopher Wright

If you have a smartphone, that's an option worth considering.

On 6/7/2019 6:57 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello Christopher,

I am a radio ham and I decided to do recordings to demonstrate how to use accessible tools to access a digital system called DMR. While my resources have been very much appreciated. I really hate them. So I had heard Garth on Audio Pizza instruct the listener how to use Reaper. I also discovered the resources by CAVI and I am working through that material.

I recently went to Barcelona to paddle for Preston Dragons. I would have loved to record parts of the dragon-boat festival. While no-one can take our memories away I would have loved a recording of that event.

On 7 Jun 2019, at 22:43, Christopher Wright <chris@...> wrote:

Hi Gena,

What do you plan to do with this stuff? You might not need a digital recorder.

On 6/7/2019 4:46 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello,

I am just started, currently I only have a Yeti that I have used for years and a dynamic ATR-2100, the beginner’s mic. I have got my focus on a AT-2035 but I need to be careful how much I am spending. But father Christmas might bring me a Cad E-100S. I am only looking at cardioid pattern at the moment. The Zoom would enable me to use the 2100 and be ready for any direction of growth I wish.

Thanks for the encouragement. I wondered when you make settings are they maintained each time you turn it on? Also when you change the batteries are the menu options held?

Thanks,

On 7 Jun 2019, at 21:20, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

What kinda condencer do you have? I bought the H6 for the same reason. I have an Audio-Technica AT-8022 stereo mic. Comprized of 2 modded AT-4021s.

On 6/7/2019 3:55 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello All,

I wondered if anyone was using a good portable digital recorder? I like the idea of the Zoom H5 or 6 but I see that it is necessary to navigate menus. So I guess it’s not an option for me.

I require an XLR and phantom power for my mic. What are the experiences of others?

Thanks,

Christopher Wright - helping podcasters, trainers, and speakers produce and publish great spoken word audio without spending hours on editing
Phone: 914-664-5014 [If I don't respond within thirty seconds, you can leave a voicemail. If you would like to speak with me, please request an appointment]
email: chris@...
web site: www.wright-media.com
Twitter: @chrisw1
Skype: wrightmedia1