Re: Portable digital recorders

Hamit Campos

For the times I've changed stuff yes. Every thing is held. The only trouble is the phantum. Again   it's just that it's best to shut it off if you aren't using it. With the Zooms not talking it's hard to do. Again are you good at remembering menus? I'm not so don't go buy my experience.

On 6/7/2019 4:46 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello,

I am just started, currently I only have a Yeti that I have used for years and a dynamic ATR-2100, the beginner’s mic. I have got my focus on a AT-2035 but I need to be careful how much I am spending. But father Christmas might bring me a Cad E-100S. I am only looking at cardioid pattern at the moment. The Zoom would enable me to use the 2100 and be ready for any direction of growth I wish.

Thanks for the encouragement. I wondered when you make settings are they maintained each time you turn it on? Also when you change the batteries are the menu options held?

Thanks,

On 7 Jun 2019, at 21:20, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

What kinda condencer do you have? I bought the H6 for the same reason. I have an Audio-Technica AT-8022 stereo mic. Comprized of 2 modded AT-4021s.

On 6/7/2019 3:55 PM, Georgina Joyce wrote:
Hello All,

I wondered if anyone was using a good portable digital recorder? I like the idea of the Zoom H5 or 6 but I see that it is necessary to navigate menus. So I guess it’s not an option for me.

I require an XLR and phantom power for my mic. What are the experiences of others?

Thanks,