Re: Reading Olympus DM70 filenames on a Mac

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

Well again I can only speak from my experience.
I Don’t know the particular recorder unit in question but I do know that on all the Olympus recorders I’ve had I have had no problem win removing the card and inserting the card into a Mac, Pc or whatever and retrieving the files for editing etc from there.
As you rightly say you have to set the recorder to use the SD card as memory before you start or copy from the internal to the SD card memory if the recording has already been made.

On 8 May 2019, at 2:34 pm, Tim Noonan <tim@...> wrote:

Depending on the class and speed of the Micro SD Card, there can be delays after record starts, meaning initial audio can be lost. Also, it is a significant battery drain if the unit is left in sleep for a period of time when storage is set to SD..

Of course, the other obvious problem is that you need to use a Micro SD to SD converter, to access the files, introducing further fuss.

Tim Noonan
Tim Noonan
tim@...

On 8 May 2019, at 2:24 pm, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Yeah so couldn’t one record onto the Micro SD card, remove it and place into computer etc to copy the files?

On 8 May 2019, at 2:14 pm, Tim Noonan <tim@...> wrote:

The DM 720 only has a Micro SD slot, but in addition it has reasonable internal storage for saving recordings.

Tim Noonan
tim@...

On 8 May 2019, at 1:41 pm, Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...> wrote:

Hi,
Does your MacBook Pro have a SD Card slot? I know my model doesn’t but some do.
If your machine has a SD Card slot then why not remove the SD card from the DM720 and insert it directly into the Mac machine so you can browse the files directly from there, may save quite a bit of time.

On 8 May 2019, at 2:44 am, Mike Busboom <mbusboom@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired an Olympus DM720 recorder, and I am very satisfied with the recording quality. Since I primarily use it to record interviews, it’s almost overkill.

I am having one problem, however:
What I want to do is move the recordings from the DM720 to my MacBook Pro. Whle the words „Remote device“ appear in the sidebar, no files are showing up when I arrow over to the file list. When I connect the DM720 to my MacBook Pro the 720 beeps twice and then says PC connection. But can anyone tell me why the MacBook doesn’t see the files? Once I hear the message, what do I need to do in order to get the list of files on the unit?

Thanks to all of you,

Mike