Re: Reading Olympus DM70 filenames on a Mac

Tim Noonan

Hi,

Accessing files does work on the Mac.

After hearing "PC Connection" you need to press the round enter button and it should show the DM 720 as an external USB drive.

If that doesn't work, go into the menus on the 720 and under system or device you should find details of the USB connection.

If still stuck, let me know and I'll dig out my machine and give more details.

Good luck
Tim

Tim Noonan
tim@...

On 8 May 2019, at 3:34 am, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

Have you tried this on a PC? I wander if the MAC is just simpally not seeing them. The formats are kinda different.

On 5/7/2019 12:44 PM, Mike Busboom wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired an Olympus DM720 recorder, and I am very satisfied with the recording quality. Since I primarily use it to record interviews, it’s almost overkill.

I am having one problem, however:
What I want to do is move the recordings from the DM720 to my MacBook Pro. Whle the words „Remote device“ appear in the sidebar, no files are showing up when I arrow over to the file list. When I connect the DM720 to my MacBook Pro the 720 beeps twice and then says PC connection. But can anyone tell me why the MacBook doesn’t see the files? Once I hear the message, what do I need to do in order to get the list of files on the unit?

Thanks to all of you,

Mike