Reading Olympus DM70 filenames on a Mac

Mike Busboom

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired an Olympus DM720 recorder, and I am very satisfied with the recording quality. Since I primarily use it to record interviews, it’s almost overkill.

I am having one problem, however:
What I want to do is move the recordings from the DM720 to my MacBook Pro. Whle the words „Remote device“ appear in the sidebar, no files are showing up when I arrow over to the file list. When I connect the DM720 to my MacBook Pro the 720 beeps twice and then says PC connection. But can anyone tell me why the MacBook doesn’t see the files? Once I hear the message, what do I need to do in order to get the list of files on the unit?

Thanks to all of you,

Mike