VIZIO TV accessibility with built-in speech.

Curtis Delzer

Now I have read the manual and there is a way to make the RCA output from the TV, variable, just a matter of turning it on from the menus. Also, there is a way to turn on speech in the accessibility menu, and according to the manual all of it will then speak. That is quite exciting, so what I need to know is, are there any others of the Vizio TV on this list who have turned on the speech and just using what is available from within the unit, able to manage all menus and options? What they always forget is that there is no way that someone without sight can get to the menu and turn on the speech, and I hear it is "talk back," so I wonder how it sounds. I just have to get a sighted person over here and to play with my remote and see. :)

So, thanks all who have chimed in and helped me, explaining much and perusing the manual, etc.

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 5/4/2019 10:28 AM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
Hi! Last week about this time I won a 50 inch 4K ultra Vizio smart TV, and need some speakers. We don't need surround sound just simple and sounding good. I think the back of the TV has RCA jacks for audio, but the output is not variable from them so I suppose there should be a remote which can be then handled by the main remote for volume from the cable box. We have Spectrum out here, so the cable box now talks. So please, suggest what you recommend I buy. My wife is getting impatient, :) (sort of) but we wish something decent sounding which I know you guys understand. :)

THANKS and please believe me, I sort of feel in a void as to what to look for, and where to find it. Amazon is good for us.