Re: TV speakers.

Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>

By the sounds of your place perhaps something like the Key Egg speaker system might be useful given you have plenty of room on your entertainment unit.
The Key Egg is a very small but flexible and good sounding bookshelf speaker system.
The flexibility of the Egg system means it can be used for all sorts of audio tasks around the home.
You could put the Key Egg on a desk with your computer using the USB input thus the computer treats the Key egg as a sound card and you thereby get access to full digital crips clear sound.
Connect the Key Egg’s digital input to your Television .
Use the Key Egg with your iPhone or other Bluetooth devices.
The Egg system consists of a left and right speaker wired together with all the inputs and outputs on the rear of the right speaker.
You can even connect a sub-woofer if you want more bass.
I have a Kef Egg system in my Den on my computer desk though I don’t yet have a sub-woofer connected but I’m still amazed at the sound of the Egg system.
Key use drivers which radiate the sound around the room, great stereo sound without any sweet spots so this means that you can wandered around your room and listen in any position you like and you still hear stunning stereo sound.
Yes you pay good money for the Key Egg system but you will be rewarded. Ief like Bowers And Wilkins have been in the speaker game for over 50 years so they know what they’re doing.

On 5 May 2019, at 11:36 am, Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:

hSay, you might give me an idea as to what you buy for your den because our living room is probably smaller than that is. This is a 50 inch TV, so I suppose the length of the bar would at least similarly correspond to the left-to-right measurements of the TV. Again you're talking with someone whom has never seen a sound bar so am a bit fumble-fingers about what it is and how it works. I presume then that the bar handles the highs and connects to a sub woofer. I know that 2 jacks are audio outputs because I connected them to a set of speakers and they work except there is no way to control their volume. There seems to be 3 more RCA jacks which are probably what you suggest. We have plenty of room on top of our "entertainment" center, where the TV is in it's exact center from right to left. :)

SURE APPRECIATE all the help and suggestions.

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 5/4/2019 3:05 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
The Soundbar is usually a unit the TV sits on though there may be other configurations depending on what you want, how much space you have etc.
I’m will be purchasing a Soundbar for the Den and I plan to go out and have a look at a few models.
As far as analogue outputs go on your Television? You’re really going to need signed assistance to confirm that.
The sockets could be anything, Composite video in or out, Component video in or out and perhaps audio line in or out.

On 5 May 2019, at 7:36 am, Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:

thanks, these "sound bars," as such, the name confuses me, is it confined to a small area like a bar meaning length of the bar, or would you define it? Seems the TV has analog outputs, but they are RCA and don't change with the TV volume, other wise it'd be easy. I don't know if the TV has blue tooth or not. :) thanks

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 5/4/2019 11:01 AM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
The first thing you will need to do is to work out whether the TV has a digital or analogue out.
Then perhaps go looking for a Soundbar.
These are quite cheap now and no, we’re not talking about surround sound necessarily unless you really want that.
I’ve seen 2.1 channel soundboards about the place which work quite well.
The other option might be getting something like a Key Egg system which is effectively a small bookshelf system so you could put each speaker on either side of the television.

On 5 May 2019, at 3:28 am, Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:

Hi! Last week about this time I won a 50 inch 4K ultra Vizio smart TV, and need some speakers. We don't need surround sound just simple and sounding good. I think the back of the TV has RCA jacks for audio, but the output is not variable from them so I suppose there should be a remote which can be then handled by the main remote for volume from the cable box. We have Spectrum out here, so the cable box now talks. So please, suggest what you recommend I buy. My wife is getting impatient, :) (sort of) but we wish something decent sounding which I know you guys understand. :)

THANKS and please believe me, I sort of feel in a void as to what to look for, and where to find it. Amazon is good for us.


Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

Join to automatically receive all group messages.