From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtdane@...>
To: <all-audio@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2019 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Olympus DM7 digital voice recorder

No problem with purchasing another recorder and you’re absolutely right, its not always convenient to use a Zoom H6, Zoom F8N etc to make that recording conveniently on the spur of the moment.
I’m sorry I can’t help you with your Olympus DM7.
I did have one of those machines but only for a very short of time as I absolutely hated it, the worst ever Olympus recorder I’ve seen apart from the LS-100.
The above is only my opinion and I’m in no doubt that there will be list members who will quite rightly tell me what a wonderful recorder the DM7 actually is but.. we.. the DM7 recorder is something I just didn’t warm to in the time I had it.

On 2 May 2019, at 5:58 pm, Andy via Groups.Io <meikle.aiden=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all.

It's daft I know, what with being the proud owner of the Zoom H6 and F8n, but I purchased a second hand Olympus DM7 digital voice recorder.

Both Zooms are rather bulky for some recording items out of doors and I wanted something that I coould put in a pocket.

I've got the instructions booklet, which is of no help to me and I was wondering if perhaps Neal Ewars had covered this device.

Perhaps there is another list member who has an audio tutorial or as I said, anything from Neal.

I've tried the old faverate of "Accessible Youtube", but I could only find one file from Olympus themselfs, which are of little support also.

Please assist if you can my friends.

Very best wishes.

Andy.