Question about Olympus LS-p4 tones?

Robin Frost

Hi,
Recently I was making a recording with the Olympus ls-p4 and at about the hour and 20 minute mark the unit emitted two tones of varying pitches. My first thought was this was a low battery warning but the unit was still operational when I stopped the recording. and when I powered it off and back on it reported battery level middle which may or may not be accurate. I was just wondering if anyone had ever encountered these tones during recording and why they’d occur if battery wasn’t truly nearly dead?
It could be my perception but this unit seems to eat through battery life way faster than the Olympus ls-14.

Thanks in advance.
Robin