CC-Crane Transmitter Question

Tom Kaufman

Hello list: I have one of those transmitters that came from C-Crane running
through my computer in order that I may listen to something that is on my
computer in another room. Here of late, I have found that I can't quite get
the volume that I feel I should get (this is not to be confused with signal)
it still will transmit the signal all throughout the house just as it used
to; the problem is, if I try and get it to where the volume is of the same
level as any other radio station, I have distortion (makes the s's sound
like they might sound if you have an AM" station tuned slightly
off-frequency! Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem? It's
to the point where.let's say I'm listening while I am taking a show (I have
a little clock radio in there that I sometimes will listen to) but while I'm
in the shower, I have to have that radio turned up all the way (this didn't
used to be and I don't understand what has happened; why it is that the
transmitter is not allowing me to give it the volume it needs! Now this
transmitter is one I got in 2004, so maybe it is simply that it is "wearing
out" anyhow if someone knows of what the problem may be, please feel free to
put it out here? Am running a Dell computer and I think the soundcard is a
Realtech, if this info is of any help!

Thanks for whatever info you may have!