From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Saturday, 26 January 2019 2:35 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] To Dane and list

Dam I'm so jealous of ya 2. It would be so epic to hear an NT1-A into 1 of these things. Just to see how it holds up to the ultimate recorders the 7 recorders from Sound Devices.

On 1/25/2019 8:47 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
I’m not laughing and I’m very lucky I guess in that I’m curious and I get some sighted assistance every now and then to give me a hand.
Firstly the Zoom F8N stands on 4 rubber feet which are placed on the bottom of the recorder so you know where the bottom is by the feel of the rubber feet.
The top is easily identified by 4 slotted screws that hold the recorder into the rack mount.
There is a handle on each side of the recorder so when the recorder is standing on its rubber feet these each handle will be protruding from either side of the recorder.
The display of the recorder therefor is on the front left with the control panel taking up the rest of the area on the front panel.
On the left hand side you have tracks 1 through 4 as XLR/TRS inputs along with the 2 SD Card slots and the multi function USB port.
On the right hand side you have tracks 5 through 8 XLR/TRS inputs along with the external power supply socket mini XLR out sockets, a sub output socket and the headphones socket.
On the back from left to right there is the Zoom Capsule connector which has a cover over it, 2 sockets which are for Time syncing with a video camera and so on and the 9 volts DC power socket for the supplied AC adapter.
At the bottom on the recorder at the back in the centre is the screw to you losen to remove the battery compartment door so you will have to turn the recorder upside down to insert batteries.

On 26 Jan 2019, at 11:34 am, Andy via Groups.Io <meikle.aiden=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Dane and list.

Regarding my Zoom F8n, I managed to secure the assistance from the BBC Radio Scotland's, radio Operations Manager today by phone and I'm delighted that he is willing to set up my Zoom F8n for me.

This is fantastic because I don't know anyone up here in the wilderness of Scotland who could help me out.

So I'm meeting him a his work in 2 weeks time and although the setting up should be simple for him, I'm still very unsure of the device I've purchased.

I'm hoping to get my local bar maid to describe the recorder and it's buttons and also the Zoom bag that I also purchased and of course I've also got Youtube.

But I really got to ask Dane this silly question.

I've unboxed my Zoom and it looks as though it stands on it's left side vertically, however the rather large and clumsy Zoom F8n bag I purchased will only take the device laying on it's back.

So how would anyone see the display on the right edge if it's in a bag?

Dane, I'm sure will be having a good old laugh at me, as I've had the device for about 3 months now.

So please dane, be gentle with me, hahaha!

Very best wishes.

Andy.