Re: How to rip CDs with VLC

Dane Trethowan

Hi there,
Have you tried updating to the latest VLC? This might solve your stability issues.
I have found that VLC wasn’t automatically updating itself as it usually would so a trip to the VLC download page may very well be in order.

On 23 Jan 2019, at 12:00 am, Anders Holmberg <anders@...> wrote:

Hi!
Yes you have to move around with the jaws Cursor or nvda review mode.
You can actually do very much with that dialog box.
You can for example do recordings from an internet stream or rip a dvd or a cd.
You can convert files from one format to another too.
I have not used that feature as vlc is very unstable on my mac right now.
I use another player called IIna specially made for the mac.
/A

21 jan. 2019 kl. 23:58 skrev Dane Trethowan <grtdane@...>:

A couple of points here.
I don’t think the dialogue box is complicated and remember that this dialogue box provides functionality for a whole range of conversion possibilities and Ripping to CD’S is just one.
I get more out of the dialogue box when using the JAWS cursor etc.

“And pray that there’s intelligent life somewhere out in space cause there’s bugger-all down here on earth”

On 22 Jan 2019, at 8:50 am, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

It looks like ripping CDs in VLC is a bit complicated. It seems difficult to
select all the tracks and give them their own filenames. I suppose that it
would be quicker and easier to use another programme like some listed in the
thread. I still use CD-ex and it works well.