Re: Using a Zoom H6 with an iPad Pro

Hamit Campos

Ah interesting. I was under the impression that when you chose the battery choice it would use it's 4 Double a ones. I just have to get to best buy to get that cable. so I can use it to make more youtube vids. I've not used my channals so much for this reason exactly. But now I could make them in stereo with the H6 I could make more vids.

On 12/25/2018 12:42 AM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
That’s exactly right.
The Zoom H6 uses its USB socket as a power source when used as a Sound Device from a computer, iPad etc.

On 25 Dec 2018, at 4:14 pm, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

Wait how does it draw the IPad battery? The IPad choice is Stereo Mix IPad battery.

On 12/24/2018 7:30 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
No I’ve not tried the Zoom H6 with an iPhone.
For those who want to give it a go you’ll need the Apple Camera Kit for connectivity.
You will also need to ensure that the battery of your iPad is near to fully charged before you start as the Zoom H6 by default draws current from your iPad though you can change this so that the recorder uses its own battery power.
Voiceover doesn’t interfere with recordings made from the Zoom H6 Interface and neither it should as its a completely different audio path.

On 25 Dec 2018, at 11:23 am, Hamit Campos <hamitcampos@...> wrote:

Well there's always the H5. The H6's little sister. How much smaller it is I'm not too sure. On that note though. Have you tried the H6 just for grins and giggles with an IPhone? I know it works with IPad. But I don't have an IPad. How does it take to the fact of Voice Over being on?

On 12/24/2018 7:19 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Since we have a good Christmas discussion going regarding Zoom recorders and accessories I thought I’d throw this one into the hat to see if anyone could provide further information or at least comment.
I use my Zoom H6 as an audio interface with my iPad Pro and it works incredibly well.
I have no complaints but I do wish there was another device out there which was a bit smaller and would allow me to do line-in recordings as the Zoom H6 does if I have the standard X/Y capsule fitted which has a line-in facility.
I’ve looked up audio interfaces for IOS using Google and all I seem to come up with are microphones or interfaces that allow one to use their favourite XLR microphones which isn’t what I’m after.