Re: Winamp - Help Ripping A CD

Evan Reese

Nope, Winamp's license to use Gracenotes expired shortly before, or after, it was taken over by Radiotomy, or however that's spelled. They promised updates to the program but never followed through. That was what? four years ago, or something like that. But Winamp still works for playing my music collection, and for playing streams, so I'm still using it for that.
Now I have ripped a few CDs that seem to have their song info encoded on the CD itself, and Winamp can use that to populate the file tags and label the songs; but I think for the vast majority of CDs, it can't get that info anymore because it can't use Gracenotes.
Evan

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 2:01 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Winamp - Help Ripping A CD

Unless I'm missing something here< that "Grassnote thing" doesn't work anymore, does it?
Tom Kaufman

From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 9:53 AM

I want to rip a CD to put the tracks on my computer. I am not trying to burn a CD.

I want to use Winamp because the CD is not a commercially sold CD, but the Gracenote CD database has the song titles and other tag information.

I tried ripping it with Ez CD Audio Converter, but none of the 3 databases it uses has the song information for this CD.

Rob

From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 11:51 PM

If Winamp can burn CD's, that's news to me, since I've been using it since version 1.92. If it can, then it's a Library function, and I've never been happy with that feature and the way it is accessed and used with a screenreader. Be that as it may, I wonder if you're thinking of Windows Media Player, which *can* write a CD.

On 8/9/2018 8:17 PM, Rob wrote:
I installed Winamp on my shiny new Windows 10 machine. I entered my
name and user key to register Winamp Pro.

But I can't find anything in the Library window for ripping a CD.
Where do I look to find the drives on my local computer so I can select the CD drive.
As a note, I had a CD playing when I was searching around.

I appreciate any help.

Rob

Join all-audio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.