Topics

The sleeping device issue - found some odd behaviour #spyserver

commercial@...

Hello!
Just some hints on diagnostics....
I have read that others also experienced the sleeping device issue when connecting to spyserver (SS).
I have had that issue forever and have almost given up with it.
I am using Windoze7 and spyserver 2.0.1700. I have also used odder versions with the same result.
Receivers are AS HF+ and an R2.
I have put two folders on my desktop with SS and each having a config file slightly modded for the device.
Every time I start either of these SS and connect to them I get the device sleeping message, server busy pop up.
Also when using the default config file.
Now it gets interesting:
I carry SDR# and the complete directories on a memory stick as I am sometimes using it from work.
Now when I run SS located the memory stickĀ I can normally connect to it without issues!
That is on a local network or via the internet, port 5555 or similar.
Now I am beginning to wonder if it may be a virus scanner issue?
I don't know but maybe it helps you guys figuring out what may be the problem here
Obviously it's kind of useless this way around as I would like to listen to my radio remotely with SS running on my PC...

HTH

Mike

prog

This looks like a driver installation problem. Follow the installation procedure for Windows 7 in the Quick Start Guide:
https://airspy.com/quickstart

commercial@...

I had problems running both AS on my Windoze 7 machine. I had to download the drivers from your site.
I have just done this again and re-installed them fresh from your site. Problems remains....

Thanks anyway!

Mike

prog

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 12:20 AM, <commercial@...> wrote:
re-installed them
This means the installation failed. Do you have admin privileges on these computers?
Mind you, Windows 7 End of Life date has been announced: January 14, 2020

Martin Smith

Did you check the power save settings on your USB ports. Since it works when an active USB thumb drive connected, that kind of suggests that it could be a power save issue.

commercial@...

All my AS Rxs work normally when driven from SDR# directly.
To reiterate:
Using Spyserver I can only connect successfully when from running SS from a USB pen drive.
Using SS from e.g. a folder on the desktop it will give me a server busy pop up, CMD window: device was sleeping. Wake up! Could not acquire the device.

Thanks for the tip with the USB power, I have set all my USB to no-power save but it has made of course no difference. The issue still persists.

Mike