From: airspy@groups.io <airspy@groups.io> on behalf of tippy@... <tippy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 8:52:30 AM
To: airspy@groups.io <airspy@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [airspy] Spyserver windows version

You need dynamic DNS and some routers like Peplink have this built-in:

The 5 Best Free Dynamic DNS Providers (makeuseof.com)

Glenn Blum

Is there a work around the port forwarding set up for the spy server. Spectrum (Charter) will not allow me to make a port forward with my external IP address. The box to do so is grayed out.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

You need dynamic DNS and some routers like Peplink have this built-in:

The 5 Best Free Dynamic DNS Providers (makeuseof.com)

Tom Snyder

Hmm,  I have Spectrum and do port forwarding in my router settings.  Could you be more specific on how you are trying to do the port forwarding.

tom

Is there a work around the port forwarding set up for the spy server. Spectrum (Charter) will not allow me to make a port forward with my external IP address. The box to do so is grayed out.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

You need dynamic DNS and some routers like Peplink have this built-in:

The 5 Best Free Dynamic DNS Providers (makeuseof.com)

Glenn Blum

Here is the screen shots.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hmm,  I have Spectrum and do port forwarding in my router settings.  Could you be more specific on how you are trying to do the port forwarding.

tom

Is there a work around the port forwarding set up for the spy server. Spectrum (Charter) will not allow me to make a port forward with my external IP address. The box to do so is grayed out.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

You need dynamic DNS and some routers like Peplink have this built-in:

The 5 Best Free Dynamic DNS Providers (makeuseof.com)

Tom Snyder

My setup is a cable modem from Spectrum and my own personal router which is an ASUS model.  I guess that makes the difference as to why me setup works and yours does not.
tom

Hmm,  I have Spectrum and do port forwarding in my router settings.  Could you be more specific on how you are trying to do the port forwarding.

tom

Is there a work around the port forwarding set up for the spy server. Spectrum (Charter) will not allow me to make a port forward with my external IP address. The box to do so is grayed out.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

You need dynamic DNS and some routers like Peplink have this built-in:

The 5 Best Free Dynamic DNS Providers (makeuseof.com)

tseug

Perhaps a lot of people use a specific service and that was offline? I've never seen the map look as bad as it does in your screenshot.

In my case I just forward a port and make a note if my external (dynamic) IP changes....it has done so three times in the past ten years so I've never seen a need to extra software on the PC

--
------

This signature contains no adverts for other services.
No extraneous URLs here

prog

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 05:36 PM, tseug wrote:
Perhaps a lot of people use a specific service and that was offline? I've never seen the map look as bad as it does in your screenshot.

In my case I just forward a port and make a note if my external (dynamic) IP changes....it has done so three times in the past ten years so I've never seen a need to extra software on the PC
When the Internet weather is bad...

Glenn Blum

Its not allowing me to port forward because Spectrum RAC2V1K modem will not allow me to select my public IP address unless I change my service to Enterprise account and pay extra for a static IP Address. If all the ADSB Pi APPs can pass through data then this should be a easy task.

Glenn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Its not allowing me to port forward because Spectrum RAC2V1K modem will not allow me to select my public IP address unless I change my service to Enterprise account and pay extra for a static IP Address. If all the ADSB Pi APPs can pass through data then this should be a easy task.

Glenn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 05:36 PM, tseug wrote:

Perhaps a lot of people use a specific service and that was offline? I've never seen the map look as bad as it does in your screenshot.

In my case I just forward a port and make a note if my external (dynamic) IP changes....it has done so three times in the past ten years so I've never seen a need to extra software on the PC

When the Internet weather is bad...

Tom Snyder

Okay I think I understand.  I use: http://www.noip.com , a free account, I have an account name like this: "whatever you want".ddns.net as my URL.  NO-IP runs on my home computer and monitors the IP address I am assigned by Spectrum.  So instead of specifying an IP address (192.168.0.xxx) I enter "whatever you want".ddns.net.

I have about a dozen ports forward using this method without any problems or warnings from Spectrum.