Spyserver network - has a free DNS provider had problems?

lee@eddystone.org

I have a HF+ Discovery on the Spyserver network that is hosted on a Pi with DuckDNS free DNS hosting.

Ordinarily it works fine. I can access it locally on the LAN. I can also access distant Spyserver nodes that are available.

Looking at the Spyserver network map either as a web page or from within SDR#, the majority of global nodes are marked as unreachable, mine amongst them. This has been the case for a number of days.

Can anyone shed any light on this matter? Given the number of concurrently unreachable nodes compared to normal availability it seems to suggest that there's some external factor playing a part here.

Lee

tony mann

"Looking at the Spyserver network map either as a web page or from within SDR#, the majority of global nodes are marked as unreachable, mine amongst them. This has been the case for a number of days."

That's what I found too - a sea of yellow and red. Something's amiss but I don't know what the cause is.

Tony

Glenn Blum

I used no-ip and it works well.

Sent from Mail for Windows

"Looking at the Spyserver network map either as a web page or from within SDR#, the majority of global nodes are marked as unreachable, mine amongst them. This has been the case for a number of days."

That's what I found too - a sea of yellow and red. Something's amiss but I don't know what the cause is.

Tony

amdelt79@...

I find it weird that I post on a forum that had not been used in 2 years and 30 minutes later the entire planet net came back online. It took a bit of working around, but I am back online with at least one of my radios.