Topics

Specify public port for #spyserver

Michał Frątczak

Is possible for spyserver to advertise different port for public catalog ?
My spyserver is listening on 5555 but router port forwarding is configured to different world-facing port.

prog

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 02:19 PM, Michał Frątczak wrote:
Is possible for spyserver to advertise different port for public catalog ?
My spyserver is listening on 5555 but router port forwarding is configured to different world-facing port.
You must use the same port as your internal LAN. The server software has no way to know what you are doing in your router.
This could change later with UPnP, but I'm still not convinced this will solve more problems than it creates.

Michał Frątczak

I hoped for an undocumented config entry, like 'public_port' or the like :)
But yeah, actually it's just simpler to keep spyserver port in sync with external port...

thanks