Topics

Skipping to the next/previous swatch of spectrum in SDRSharp

h. garcia

Hello everyone, prog --

Writing here for plug-in recommendations or perhaps a suggestion for SDR# UI.

Is there a way to have button or shortcut that makes SDR# move to the next/previous swatch of spectrum?

For instance: say I have on the screen the segment between 145.0 and 145.3MHz. This feature would determine the displayed span (irrespective to the sampling rate or zoom) and when assigned button is clicked, it'd update the spectrum to show 145.3-145.6MHz or 144.7-145.0MHz.

In short, it would work like PgUp and PgDown scroll but in the frequency domain.

So far, I've been adjusting the the zoom and sampling rate to display either 100KHz or 1MHz, selecting the VFO decimal case accordingly and hit up-arrow or down-arrown to explore the ranges of interest.

EB4APL

Hi,

This function is in the main program, but not explicitly marked. I use it continuously.

Just click at any end of the frequency scale bar and it jumps to the next span. It is tricky because you must be very near to the end of the spectrum, if you go more away it does nothing.

Probably a couple of small arrows here would be very well received.

Ignacio, EB4APL

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 05:00 PM, EB4APL wrote:
Probably a couple of small arrows here would be very well received.
Here's a simple plugin exercise using the new ToolBar API. Anyone? ;-)

h. garcia

Thank you! I'll try it when I get home.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, 13:00 EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:
Hi,

This function is in the main program, but not explicitly marked. I use
it continuously.

Just click at any end of the frequency scale bar and it jumps to the
next span. It is tricky because you must be very near to the end of the
spectrum, if you go more away it does nothing.

Probably a couple of small arrows here would be very well received.

Ignacio, EB4APL

El 05/11/2019 a las 1:52, h. garcia escribió:
> Hello everyone, prog --
>
> Writing here for plug-in recommendations or perhaps a suggestion for
> SDR# UI.
>
> Is there a way to have button or shortcut that makes SDR# move to the
> next/previous swatch of spectrum?
>
> For instance: say I have on the screen the segment between 145.0 and
> 145.3MHz. This feature would determine the displayed span
> (irrespective to the sampling rate or zoom) and when assigned button
> is clicked, it'd update the spectrum to show 145.3-145.6MHz or
> 144.7-145.0MHz.
>
> In short, it would work like PgUp and PgDown scroll but in the
> frequency domain.
>
> So far, I've been adjusting the the zoom and sampling rate to display
> either 100KHz or 1MHz, selecting the VFO decimal case accordingly and
> hit up-arrow or down-arrown to explore the ranges of interest.

Edward MacDonald

Would this feature be useful to add to accessabilty plugin ?

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 09:09 PM, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Would this feature be useful to add to accessabilty plugin ?
Definitely! Here's an idea:
[<<] [Step size combo |V] [>>]
You can load the step sizes from the config and insert "Full Span" at position 0.
For the buttons, maybe repetition buttons are more relevant in this scenario.

Edward MacDonald

Will do. I will post back if I need direction.

Thanks