Topics

skinned v skinned versions.

Kevin Hoiles

Hello. I tend to like to keep any software on my systems up to date however I am having problems with using the new SDR# skinned versions. I have tried the different themes but am experiencing various issues.

One of these is that on the menu side, when the program starts there are blanks areas which disappear when you click on to them. The new version also seems to take quite a while to load.

When using the mouse to move the slider between menu options up or down there is a drag to the display which is most unpleasant, that does not happen with the unskinned version.

I have a visual disability and am finding the new version difficult use, I know the layout has not change, but its seems more cluttered.

Would it be possible to have the old unskinned version updated? or are we stuck with v1716?

I have been using SDR# for years and rarely had any problems, it is the simplest and best SDR software and I have used most of them.
Regards

Kevin

Patrick

Hi there !

Some of Vasili's plugins still have a display problem with dark themes ("Frequency Manager" among others, showing white text on a white background ; only the selected line is displayed correctly).
A few months ago, I contacted him about this ; He assured me that he was going to provide an update.. He probably has a very busy schedule, or maybe he just forgot.
Last week, I therefore returned - reluctantly - to a classic "light theme" to get around this little flaw.

Best regards.

Le sam. 13 juin 2020 à 17:53, Kevin Hoiles via groups.io <kevinhoiles=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> a écrit :
[...]

prog

The recommendation is to use the latest version and update the plugins to use the theming API. There is a very good reason the main software is developed separately: To not handicap the overall progress with the plugins like it happend in most large open source projects. Now if some plugins are lagging, they will be obsoleted like any software getting obsolete by lack of maintenance. Just don't spread thr idea that old is better because it is not. You may enjoy living like Louis XVI in a relatively retarded era, but most poeple will still prefer the modern age.

Steve Jerome

That’s told Kevin, who to me asked a perfectly reasonable question !

Steve