------------------------------
Date:   Fri Dec 24 00:03:33 2021 +0100
Commit: 7b233e3
Improved the resolution of the frequency display for frequencies below 2 MHz.
Date:   Fri Nov 26 13:14:03 2021 +0100
Commit: 26fd647
Upgraded Telerik UI for WinForms R3 2021
------------------------------

Any clues on why ths size increase?

Thanks,

Andres Ogayar, Ea7FkT.

prog

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 01:45 PM, Andres Ogayar wrote:
Hello,

I've noticed that binary size has grow from ~56MB in release 1832 to ~190MB in release 1832.

LLooking at the changelog I can't seem to figure out why the triple size (paste here):

------------------------------
Date:   Fri Dec 24 00:03:33 2021 +0100
Commit: 7b233e3
Improved the resolution of the frequency display for frequencies below 2 MHz.
Date:   Fri Nov 26 13:14:03 2021 +0100
Commit: 26fd647
Upgraded Telerik UI for WinForms R3 2021
------------------------------

Any clues on why ths size increase?

Thanks,

Andres Ogayar, Ea7FkT.
https://groups.io/g/airspy/message/41898

Andres Ogayar

Thanks, fully understood.

Forum is a great resource, but my initial search didn't report success, so I looked at the changelog. Nada, nothing there,

73 de Ea7FkT.

Pietro Molina

Andres, this is the answer (first line of the link):

The all-in-one executable embeds the entire dotnet 6 core + Base classes + desktop runtime + all the dependencies required by the plugins.

As for all modern SW the newer is bigger (I didn't said it is a good thing...). Microsoft Net is no exception, quite the opposite.

Pietro I2OIM