Topics

#sdrsharp #sdrsharp

plasmaskin@...

My 81yo dad loves his HF+ Discovery and he found two small bugs in SDR#:
- If you are on 3.730MHz LSB and close SDR#, when you reopen it, it will have saved the frequency but not the modulation and will come back to 3.730MHz AM. This seems to be happening only on 80m and not 20m or 40m.
- If you are on 20m USB and choose an 80m LSB frequency from the frequency manager, the mode will not be LSB but AM. If you double-click that same frequency again, the mode will change (correctly) to LSB.

prog

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 10:56 PM, <plasmaskin@...> wrote:
My 81yo dad loves his HF+ Discovery and he found two small bugs in SDR#:
- If you are on 3.730MHz LSB and close SDR#, when you reopen it, it will have saved the frequency but not the modulation and will come back to 3.730MHz AM. This seems to be happening only on 80m and not 20m or 40m.
- If you are on 20m USB and choose an 80m LSB frequency from the frequency manager, the mode will not be LSB but AM. If you double-click that same frequency again, the mode will change (correctly) to LSB.
Bug? If you don't want the Band Plan plugin to reset the demodulator's config, uncheck "Auto update radio settings".

Airspy US

He needs to edit the file Bandplan.XML and change this line:

<RangeEntry minFrequency="3500000" maxFrequency="3950000" mode="AM" step="10" color="red">80m Ham Band</RangeEntry>

to this:

<RangeEntry minFrequency="3500000" maxFrequency="3950000" mode="LSB" step="10" color="red">80m Ham Band</RangeEntry>

---------
Airspy.US
Your USA source for quality SDR products!
www.Airspy.US

NOTE! This email address is not routinely monitored.
If you have an issue, please contact us at airspy@...
On 10/9/2019 4:50 PM, plasmaskin@... wrote:

My 81yo dad loves his HF+ Discovery and he found two small bugs in SDR#:
- If you are on 3.730MHz LSB and close SDR#, when you reopen it, it will have saved the frequency but not the modulation and will come back to 3.730MHz AM. This seems to be happening only on 80m and not 20m or 40m.
- If you are on 20m USB and choose an 80m LSB frequency from the frequency manager, the mode will not be LSB but AM. If you double-click that same frequency again, the mode will change (correctly) to LSB.

plasmaskin@...

That fixed it and this is not really a bug indeed. I appreciate your very responsive support. Thanks a lot!

Bryon NF6M

The issue of losing the saved Mode is probably due to settings in the bandplan plugin. The bandplan.xml file by default identifies the upper part of the 75m ham band as a shortwave AM broadcast band. If you uncheck the option to update the settings with frequency under that plugin, it should correctly remember them.

I instead modified my bandplan.xml file for the ham bands, with the CW/SSB segment modes overriding the overlapping SW bands.

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 1:56 pm , <plasmaskin@...> wrote:
My 81yo dad loves his HF+ Discovery and he found two small bugs in SDR#:
- If you are on 3.730MHz LSB and close SDR#, when you reopen it, it will have saved the frequency but not the modulation and will come back to 3.730MHz AM. This seems to be happening only on 80m and not 20m or 40m.
- If you are on 20m USB and choose an 80m LSB frequency from the frequency manager, the mode will not be LSB but AM. If you double-click that same frequency again, the mode will change (correctly) to LSB.

plasmaskin@...

Yes, this is linked to the bandplan plugin, which is great by the way.

I personally think that the bandplan should not be applied when SDR# starts and that the last used mode should be restored just like the last used frequency. This is debatable though.

For the second issue, I feel this is a bug because the bandplan should not override the mode of a saved frequency since the mode is a property of a saved frequency.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. The workaround is totally fine by me and my dad will be happy to have this fixed :)

prog

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 12:40 AM, <plasmaskin@...> wrote:
I personally think
I feel