SDR# windows

Mike Millen

Can someone advise me on why my SDR# windows are cropped within their outlines, please?

I've looked all over for a setting to correct this without success.

Many thanks,
Mike - M0MLM

Joe M.

What are your screen settings? (like zoom)

Joe M.

On 5/12/2022 8:18 AM, Mike Millen wrote:
Can someone advise me on why my SDR# windows are cropped within their
outlines, please?

I've looked all over for a setting to correct this without success.

Many thanks,
Mike - M0MLM

Mike Millen

If you mean the Zoom slider on the right-hand menu, it's fully down.
If I slide it up and down the main display window zooms in and out but nothing else on the screen alters.

I usually use SDRConsole but I'd like to use SDR# as well.
Please be very specific if you'd like me to try changing settings, etc. as I'm not familiar with any of the program controls.

Thanks,
Mike - M0MLM

What are your screen settings? (like zoom)

Joe M.

On 5/12/2022 8:18 AM, Mike Millen wrote:
Can someone advise me on why my SDR# windows are cropped within their
outlines, please?

I've looked all over for a setting to correct this without success.

Many thanks,
Mike - M0MLM

Joe M.

No, your Windows display settings.

Joe M.

On 5/12/2022 8:35 AM, Mike Millen wrote:
If you mean the Zoom slider on the right-hand menu, it's fully down.
If I slide it up and down the main display window zooms in and out but
nothing else on the screen alters.

I usually use SDRConsole but I'd like to use SDR# as well.
Please be very specific if you'd like me to try changing settings, etc.
as I'm not familiar with any of the program controls.

Thanks,
Mike - M0MLM

What are your screen settings? (like zoom)

Joe M.

On 5/12/2022 8:18 AM, Mike Millen wrote:
Can someone advise me on why my SDR# windows are cropped within their
outlines, please?

I've looked all over for a setting to correct this without success.

Many thanks,
Mike - M0MLM

Mike Millen

I had Windows scaling set to 120%.
When I changed it back to 100%, then SDR# was back to normal again.

I'm very disappointed that SDR# behaves like that... none of the other programs I run misbehave because of the scaling factor.
Do you know of any way that I can get SDR# to run with a custom scaling factor (of 100%) while I keep the rest of my system at 120%?

Many thanks,
Mike

What are your screen settings? (like zoom)

Joe M.

On 5/12/2022 8:18 AM, Mike Millen wrote:
Can someone advise me on why my SDR# windows are cropped within their
outlines, please?

I've looked all over for a setting to correct this without success.

Many thanks,
Mike - M0MLM

jdow

Just grab the edge of that panel and open it out to the right. Then you can adjust until it looks right.

{^_^}

On 20220512 05:37:59, Joe M. wrote:
[...]

I would imagine it's a Telerik (sp?) issue.

Joe M.

On 5/12/2022 8:57 AM, Mike Millen wrote:
I had Windows scaling set to 120%.
When I changed it back to 100%, then SDR# was back to normal again.

I'm very disappointed that SDR# behaves like that... none of the other
programs I run misbehave because of the scaling factor.
Do you know of any way that I can get SDR# to run with a custom scaling
factor (of 100%) while I keep the rest of my system at 120%?

Many thanks,
Mike

What are your screen settings? (like zoom)

Joe M.

On 5/12/2022 8:18 AM, Mike Millen wrote:
Can someone advise me on why my SDR# windows are cropped within their
outlines, please?

I've looked all over for a setting to correct this without success.

Many thanks,
Mike - M0MLM

jdow

I see - you can't grab the edge. That's stupid! I use SDRSharp for my FM listening. It's glued to one station and that sidebar is not even showing. It's reduced in size to a usable minimum. It works great for me. Most of what I play with is SDR-Radio. And even that has suffered in the last weeks as my network became unstable (thanks Frontier DSL) and my change to something a little more real via cell phone (thanks T-Mobile). I still have to play with locating that receiver to get a better signal. Then the speed of the interface will somewhat improve. (Alas that will still not cure the double nat I need to avoid utterly reconfiguring some 40 doodads around here.) SIGH!

{^_^}

On 20220512 06:03:29, Joe M. wrote:
[...]

It looks like I'm going to have to live with it, which means sticking with SDRConsole.
I've tried removing the Custom Scaling in W10 but the text is too small to be comfortable, so I've reverted to the 120% I used previously.

Maybe Telerik will fix the problem at some stage and the next version of SDR# will behave itself.

Thanks for helping me find the problem... at least I don't need to spend any more time trying to fix it in SDR#.  :-)

Mike - M0MLM