Topics

SDR# Plugin Development: TelerikUI:)

Mitja kocjančič
 
Edited

Hi there I am trying to convert my XDRServer into TelerikUI
after many failed attempts at using WinForms Converter: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/winforms-converter/overview
 
Visual Studio kep crashing when trying to convert so I decided to do it the hard way, control by control
so I first started with a Button as System.Windows.Forms.Button();
should be Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadButton();
after trying to then test it by running SDR# I figured out that I am using the wrong version of TelerikUI so now the question:
 
What version of TelerikUI for WinForms are you using?
I am using
and here is a nice picture of a Native crash :)
 
Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards
BTW: using latest version of SDR#( 1722 ) if it makes any difference
PS: How did you convert all WinForms controls to TelerikUI, by hand or did you use WinForms Converter?
 

prog
 

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 04:34 PM, Mitja kocjančič wrote:
PS: How did you convert all WinForms controls to TelerikUI, by hand or did you use WinForms Converter?
I edited all the design files and the handler code manually.

Mitja kocjančič
 

I edited all the design files and the handler code manually.
Poor Youssef that had to take awhile but you have a nice Theming options now :) (BTW: My eyes prefer Crystal Dark Theme but any TelerikUI theme works you just have to put its dll into the root of SDR# and select it :)) here is a pack of them (most of them included with SDR# exept Office ones)


Now do you have any anwser for my other question (incase you missed it :)): What version of TelerikUI for WinForms are you using?

prog
 

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 11:53 AM, Mitja kocjančič wrote:
any TelerikUI theme works you just have to put its dll into the root of SDR# and select it :))
That also required some extra code. They don't list automagically.

What version of TelerikUI for WinForms are you using?
The latest as of today. Note that if you don't pay for the license, the assemblies will look different even if they are from the same version.

Mitja kocjančič
 

The latest as of today. Note that if you don't pay for the license, the assemblies will look different even if they are from the same version.
Aha, that is the problem I am using the previous version (2019 R2 SP1)
I would need 2019 R3 version (Telerik_UI_For_WinForms_2019_3_917_Dev.msi) (would the trial work??)I need to find it somewhere or someone could lend a hand..... its just a msi anyway or I could reference yours and live without extra goodies like GridView, PdfViewer, PivotGrid, RadChart, RadDiagram, RadDock, RadMap, and the rest
Note that if you don't pay for the license, the assemblies will look different even if they are from the same version.
Now how would that work... people share even more if they don't need to change anything to make it work :) and there is no key here

as License for TelerikUI costs 900$ and plugins for SDR# costs nothing I gues plugins will just not look as nice as the main app :( if we play by the book


prog
 

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 12:23 PM, Mitja kocjančič wrote:
as License for TelerikUI costs 900$ and plugins for SDR# costs nothing I gues plugins will just not look as nice as the main app :( if we play by the book
So, I paid for that license, added a lot of hard work on it and and made the software free. What else? If you don't feel like payig the license fees, use plain Winforms.

PS: Please respect how licenses work in the civilized world. We do not tolerate or encourage software piracy here.

Mitja kocjančič
 

I don't encurage software piracy eather with this statment
as License for TelerikUI costs 900$ and plugins for SDR# costs nothing I gues plugins will just not look as nice as the main app :( if we play by the book
wanted to tell that most devs will not buy/use TelerikUI only for SDR# so they will use WinForms instead which will make plugins look decent just not as nice as SDR# is now

But please do one thing, not because of piracy but because of SDR# updates/plugins compatibility
Don't update TelerikUI, use version 2019 R3 (2019_3_917) from now, because if you update and there is a plugin using previous version (some devs probably use this for their own projects so will use it for plugins too) the plugin won't work past version update and developers probably will not update plugins everytime when new SDR# is released, so plugins will break after SDR# updates but not because of SDR# itself but because of TelerikUI, this happened before (plugins compiled for NET 3.5 didn't load in newer SDR# version) but it will happen a lot from now if you update everytime new version of TelerikUI is released

maybe you know a way of legaly using my version of TelerikUI with SDR#?? (I could replace your DLLS with mine but I stil don't have them all so it will break)

prog
 

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 01:12 PM, Mitja kocjančič wrote:
Don't update TelerikUI, use version 2019 R3 (2019_3_917) from now, because if you update and there is a plugin using previous version (some devs probably use this for their own projects so will use it for plugins too) the plugin won't work past version update and developers probably will not update plugins everytime when new SDR# is released, so plugins will break after SDR# updates but not because of SDR# itself but because of TelerikUI, this happened before (plugins compiled for NET 3.5 didn't load in newer SDR# version) but it will happen a lot from now if you update everytime new version of TelerikUI is released
No. That's not how release management works. Not in the professional world, at least.
Read about assembly manifests and how to declare the compatibility.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/sbscs/application-manifests

Mitja kocjančič
 

Thanks
Not sure what I have done but now it compiles fine (didn't edit the manifest so its some black magic that has happened :))

How would I tell my plugin to change the theme according to theme that is selected in Display?
I already referenced all themes SDR# has + added them all in SettingsPanel form but SDR# defaults to Blue one


Interestingly only toolbar gets themed the rest is Blue??

prog
 
Edited

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 05:26 PM, Mitja kocjančič wrote:
How would I tell my plugin to change the theme according to theme that is selected in Display?
Nothing to do. Just leave the theme name empty.
And apparently you are not debugging the program with the right startup directory. That's why it can't find the theme files.